Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Julie's turn to blog

Sunday, May 6, 2007


Hey, it's Julie. Jimmy is making me take a turn at the travel blog...He has been doing an amazing job documenting our trip with the camera constantly in his hands but what's up with the maps and historical facts? What is this, Jimmy, the history (slash) travel channel? :-)

Sunday when we arrived at Brady and Leah's we got a tour of their house and property which is beautiful all around. They have a basement which used to be a m-in-law quarters for the former owners so we had our own little apartment down there, which Leah has decorated so cute and hip of course. Jackson quickly oriented himself with their zip line, which Brady designed, built, and reinforced himself. I wanted to get on it but decided it wasn't the best idea, being prego and all.

Brady woke up about 45 minutes after we arrived. He had worked 7 pm to 7 am and had to go back to work at 7 to do it again. We saw and talked to him enough to hear a few stories about the South Carolina folk who call their pharmacist in the middle of the night. Pretty entertaining. We'll never forget "the gas lady."

I went to bed early but honestly, when you're on the road with three kids, you go to bed telling yourself that there WILL be crying in the middle of the night (except for Jackson--he enters a comatose state while sleeping) and that someone WILL wake up at least an hour before sunrise. That way, when it happens, you're not quite so bitter. Seriously, I have been learning so much about my children and our family dynamic being away from home. Libby told me I'm her best friend. Cash has fallen asleep on my chest more than once. Jackson always wants to show me all the new things he sees and does. Moments like that are so valuable and precious and even though I think I may have been on some kind of heavy drug when I agreed to travel this far with these kids those moments have been worth it.



The Zip Line













Their house

No comments: